Amsterdam’s ADE Insiders: Secret Cinema
25 years in anything is no easy feat, which makes Amsterdam’s Secret Cinema’s quarter century celebration in the dance music game all the more special.
Secret Cinema brings his Gem Records to Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) where he will go b2b with Egbert. Joining on the night will be Derrick May, Slam, Christian Smith, Karotte, Butch and more. Ahead of this event and celebrating his latest 3x Vinyl and 2x CD SILVER Box Set Secret Cinema dishes out his insider tips on what do check out when in Amsterdam this week.
Secret Cinema’s SILVER boxset is available NOW. Order HERE
1. This is Amsterdam, so first you smoke. I recommend Barney’s. Not the cosiest, but they have a volcano and the Cherry Berry grass or Turkish Delight chocolate are sweet! Best herbal smoke free for the taking.
2. After Barney’s you go to Van Stapele Koekjes. Best cookie in town period! Be on time because sometimes they sell out….which is absolutely devastating.
3. Wanna go for fries?? Just across from Van Stapele, easy….de Frietsteeg. Fries are all about the sauce…and they have 25 of them! Dive in and get your hands dirty, but keep off the vinyl afterwards.
4. Mary Go Wild Store. Vinyl, books, clothes, nice people and named after one of my releases, this is a MUST during ADE. Free insanely fun pop-up party included if you’re on time….
5. We need food fast during ADE and for this I recommend Foodware. Take-out or eat in they have a changing menu and you can choose and combine at own taste. Fresh easy delicious vitamins to keep us going!!