Dear journalists, do you want to be the newest member of the Deep House Amsterdam team? We are looking for bright, creative, and ambitious minds who are committed to success, willing to learn, and hold the appropriate knowledge and skill set necessary for success in the highly competitive Dance Music industry. If you have a passion for (underground) Dance Music, hold an original editorial voice, and are able to see past the trends, please consider applying to any of the available positions below:
Dance Music Journalists, professional or aspiring, are welcome to pitch editorial content on DHA. We’re always on the lookout for talented writers able to take on news items, interviews, event reports, and more (extra points for feature and/or op-ed content), either on a one off or in-house (based in Amsterdam, NL) basis. Build your portfolio by publishing content on an established, multi-faceted media platform. Applicants can reside anywhere in the world and come from variety of disciplines, including Media, Culture, Communications, and Journalism.
– A knowledge of underground dance music, its culture and history.
– Command of the English language (native speakers are preferred but not required)
– Present a consistent and original editorial voice, not shying away from controversy or criticism.
– Understanding of industry practices related to media content.
– Sharp and effective communication skills
– Multimedia knowledge (video, coding, design, etc)
– Established network of industry or like-minded contacts
If you feel this fits you and your interest please send a brief motivation letter (English) including information on your educational and professional background, aspirations, and interests, as well as 3 potential editorial pitches, and your 3 favourite dance music artists to email@example.com.