The quality stamp that is PMR, responsible for chart-topping records from the likes of Disclosure and Jessie Ware have always embraced sounds coming up out of the shadows, identifying exciting new producers and artists who are focused on exploring new directions. In late 2014 the label launched a sister label PMR Beat Club with their inaugural release from Klaves and they’re now excited to announce the third installment from 20 year old SG Lewis and the track ‘Warm’.
Now label-mates, SG Lewis made himself known to PMR by way of remixing Jessie Ware’s recent single ‘You & I (Forever)’. You’d be forgiven for not hearing much output from the young producer aside from his track ‘Silence’ feat. Josh Barry however, his longstanding residency at Liverpool’s Chibuku club has had him cutting his teeth and now marks the beginning of his well-crafted output.
As introductions go ‘Warm’ has been very well received. Featuring unassuming pitched down vocals, burning slowly to hypnotic piano chords that echo and swirl in the background. Perfectly suited to PMR’s Beat Club, ‘Warm’ signifies SG Lewis sound as it moves between intimate and soulful, bordering on a Balearic vantage point, as well as adopting a murkier edge reminiscent of a headier deep house territory.
With this exclusive podcast from SG Lewis, the complete breadth of this Liverpool up-and-comers’ talent is on full display.
- Maya Jane Coles – Something in the Air (Bonobo Remix)
- Maribou State – Rituals (MS edit)
- Mano Le Tough – Moments of Truth
- HNNY – No
- Kidnap Kid – Stronger
- Dusky – Lost Highway
- SG Lewis – Warm (SG’s Warmed Up Edit)
- Bombay Bicycle Club – HCYSSMS (Scuba Remix)
- TEED & Anna Lunoe – Feels Like
- Caribou – Your Love Will Set You Free (C2’s Set U Free Remix)
- James Blake – The Wilhelm Scream (Samu.l Edit)
- SG Lewis – ??? (Unreleased)