With a platter, layout and S-shaped tonearm nearly identical in design to those of the no-longer-in-production Technics SL1200, Numark has unveiled their latest turntable, the TT250USB.
Described as a “top-flight” piece of gear by the company, it’s affordable €279,00 (suggested) price tag will not pain the wallet as much as a vintage Technics or the, similar styled, Pioneer PLX-1000. According to Numark, the TT250USB’s quartz-controlled motor delivers virtually perfect speed accuracy when playing back records, and its high-torque motor and heavy cast-aluminum platter provide the ideal amount of resistance and feel for scratching effects.
“This is the ideal turntable for demanding turntablists,” said Numark Marketing Manager, Karl Detkin. Adding, “Here is a classic turntable that will stand up to heavy-duty DJ use night after night and it also has all the modern conveniences and operational flexibility that make it incredibly satisfying and easy to use. Plus, of course, it sounds absolutely great.”
The TT250USB will be available early 4th Quarter 2015.
– Quartz-controlled direct-drive motor for virtually perfect speed accuracy.
– Die-cast aluminium platter for rock-solid stability (.09% wow & flutter).
– S-shaped tonearm ensures precise tracking of record grooves.
– Includes pre-mounted high-quality magnetic cartridge.
– Pitch Fader and Pitch-Bend controls customise the pitch for a perfect effect.
– Pitch adjustment range ±10%.
– Damped cuing raises and lowers tonearm.
– 45 and 33 1/3 RPM speeds and selectable 115/230V operation.
– Converts records to digital files with USB cable connection to computer.
– 1/8-inch input for remote start with compatible mixers.
– Attached stereo line-out RCA cable.