With roots in the very origins of electronic music, AIRA is a new series of products designed to meet the evolving needs of the contemporary electronic musician. In the studio or on the stage, AIRA brings genre-defining sounds and modern performance features to a new generation. While computers dominate so many music production activities today, artists still seek inspiration through the sonic character and responsive feel of traditional analog hardware. AIRA products emphasize the spontaneous creativity and hands-on performance inspired by these vintage electronic instruments while integrating neatly into today’s computer-based production environments.
At this year’s Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Roland revealed the AIRA SYSTEM-1m: a standalone instrument that can be paired with a handful of external effects or other audio gear. The SYSTEM-1m is a semi-modular synthesizer with PLUG-OUT capability and a unique design that can be used as a Eurorack module, tabletop synth, or 19” rackmount unit. In addition to being a powerful standalone instrument, the SYSTEM-1m has external inputs and an array of CV/Gate connections that allow it to be re-patched and to interface with other modular synthesizer systems. The SYSTEM-1m’s CV/Gate connections combined with its ability to load classic Roland PLUG-OUT synth models like the SH-101 and PROMARS give it power and flexibility that is simply unparalleled.
While it provides a huge amount of synthesis power on its own, interconnecting the SYSTEM-1m with other modular gear creates a vast range of sonic possibilities. It’s impressive oscillator section, sweet filters and snappy envelopes are sure to be welcome in any modular setup, no matter how big or small.
- Semi-modular synthesizer with PLUG-OUT capability
- 19 color-coded CV/Gate and audio connections with LED lighting
- 84 HP Eurorack, tabletop and 19” rack compatible using AC adaptor or Eurorack power
- Versatile oscillators with six waveforms, Crossmod, Ring Mod, Sync and Color control
- All parameters controlled with high-resolution knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- External input for processing external signals through filter, amp and FX section
- -12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Integrated tone, crusher, reverb and delay effects
- Tempo syncing for LFO and delay
- 24-bit/96kHz audio and MIDI interface
- AIRA Link for easy connection to MX-1 Mix Performer
- Includes rackmount adapter and braided patch cables