This past May, industry heavy-weights Timo Maas & James Teej created a perfect storm of the past and the present by finally releasing their elusive reworking of ‘Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five’ by Paul McCartney & Wings.
Music is the driving force behind a career that spans three decades and is only gaining speed. From a residency at the groundbreaking Circoloco at DC10 in Ibiza, where he has been entrenched for over 15 years, to tours around Europe and the rest of the world, Timo Maas maintains a high level of performance. In tandem with his global tours, the visionary German also dedicates his time to conjuring up fresh new productions in his studio, picking up a Grammy nomination in 2004. From his formative years, in a small town called Buckeberg, up to today, Timo Maas has retained a love and passion for making and playing music that is indelibly etched into his psyche. It makes him the man he is today; driven, positive, infinitely creative and full of magic.
With a career that already spans over 18 years, James fast became one of Canada’s influential stars in the global underground music scene. Constantly pushing sonic boundaries, all the while exploring the deepest recesses of House and Techno, James’ music has since been experienced the world over. His formidable catalogue includes a lengthy list of remixes and collaborations with such artists as Sasha, Trentemoller, DJ T, Matt Tolfrey, Prommer & Barck, Kenny Glasgow, and many more and, as an equally experienced DJ and live performer, James has brought his performances to some of the world’s top clubs, including Fabric, Panoramabar, DC10, Trouw, Warung, Rex Club, Hive, and Verboten.
Paul McCartney & Wings VS Timo Maas & James Teej – 1985 is NOW AVALABLE on Virgin Records
1. Michael Kiwanuka – Cold Little Heart
2. Stimming – Alpe Lusia (Robag’s Bodelshwing Sovar NB) – Diynamic
3. Radio Slave – Vision (Marcel Dettmann Remix) – Rekids
4. Langenberg, Blakkat – Shadows (Atjazz Remix) – Dessous Recordings
5. Timo Maas – We are One – Last Night On Earth
6. Reboot – Fox Fidelity – Get Physical
7. dOP – Dein Verlangen – Eklo
8. John Tejada – When All Around Is Madness – Kompakt
9. James Teej – Liking Your Disorder (Timo Maas Remix) (JT’s Being With You Edit) – Unreleased/LNOE
10. Joshua James – How – White Label
11. Lady Blacktronika – Call My Name – Bass Culture Records
12. Mr.G – Transient – Bass Culture Records
13. Axel Boman – In The Dust Of This Planet – Pampa Records