The Rainbow Venues reveals its run of events with a selection of underground parties, food and theatre functions, street party closures, pop up shows and the launch of brand new concepts.
Birmingham’s most popular music event space concluded in truly spectacular style with a year of unparalleled events and a complete transformation of its venue spaces. The Rainbow Venues is recognised for boasting many different, adaptable spaces, including The Rainbow Pub, The Courtyard, The Cellar, The Arena, The Warehouse, The Street, The Textile Factory and the recently developed Blackbox and Roof Terrace.
Following the success of The Rainbow’s Chapter series last year – an invigorating line-up of events, including the venue’s birthday in March – The Rainbow unveils its incredible event programme to kick off the first quarter of 2016.
– Cirque Du Soul, February 19th – The Circus is back in town! Cirque Du Soul bring their theatrics and fun back to Birmingham with Toddla T, Barely Legal and more.
– David Rodigan’s RamJam Tour, February 19 – After his amazing performance during last year’s MADE Festival in Birmingham, Rodigan is back with a heavy line-up, including live performance from Gentleman’s Dub Club, Dillinja B2B Randall, Flava D and Venum Sound.
– The Portal presents Amnesia, February 20 – celebrate The Portal’s second birthday with their Amnesia special. Join special guest, Matthias Tanzmann, Cuartero, Hector Couto & Mar-T, alongside local residents.
– Resonate presents SWAMP 81, February 26 – Loefah, Paleman and Chunky make their debut in The Blackbox.
– Elements launch party, February 27 – Bringing Berlin techno sounds to The Blackbox. Truncate, Rebekkah, Dark Chambers and Jay Sirett.
– The Rainbow Venues presents SIGMA, February 27 – Line up tba
– Seedy Sonics presents Blonde & Zac Samuel, March 4 – House duo, Blonde return to The Rainbow for Seedy Sonics, with Zac Samuel making his Birmingham debut
– Gorgon City, March 11th
– Cream Birmingham, March 12 – Roger Sanchez, DJ S.K.T, Bontan, Philip George and Danny Rampling.
– The Portal, March 12 – Leftwing & Kody, Arun Verone & more.
– Ram Records March 19th – Sub Focus, Culture Shock, Audio and Frankee return to Birmingham with the legendary Ram Records imprint.
– Hector presents, March 19th – Making his debut in The Blackbox, Hector returns to Birmingham alongside Bunny and some very special guests.
– What Hannah Wants Tour, March 19th – Local legend Hannah Wants brings her UK tour back to her hometown alongside DJ Zinc, Sam Divine, U Know The Dril, Tom Shortez.
– Disciples, March 24 – Plus more tba.
– Chapter XII, March 26 – The Rainbow Venue’s own festival – adopts the unique ethos and atmosphere The Rainbow incorporates into all of their carefully curated events. It will feature 6 carefully curated stages of music and over 40 international acts and artists, featuring the likes of Jamie Jones, Loco Dice, Joseph Capriati, Dubfire, Maya Jane Coles, Richie Hawtin, Sasha, Nic Fanciulli, Art Department, Pan-Pot and plenty more. Combining distinctive indoor and outdoor spaces, venues and street closures, Chapter XII will be one of the biggest celebrations at The Rainbow Venues, celebrating while celebrating its 12th birthday.
– AUS Music, April 1 – celebrating its 100th release, AUS Music comes to Birmingham, with support from Huxley, Will Saul and more.
– One Records, April 2 – Local legends takeover Birmingham’s favourite house and techno hotspot The Blackbox. Adam Shelton, Subb-an, Cab Drivers Live, Voigtmann and Jessica Lamb
– East End Dubs, April 9 – East End Dubs, Archie Hamilton & Bunny
– Shogun Audio, April 29 – Line up TBA
– Swingmajig Festival, April 30 – Music, dance, cabaret, walkabout, art installations, street food, performance and 3,000 of the UK’s best dressed ladies and gents.
– Do Not Sleep, May 01 – After the success of the sold out show on New Year’s Day, Do Not Sleep returns bank holiday Sunday. Line-up tba.
26 March | The Rainbow Venues Festival: Chapter XII | Tickets | The Rainbow Venues