After receiving widespread recognition for books like “How Does He Do It?” and “Glorious Misunderstandings,” Maurits Verwoerd decided to start a career as a music producer.
Though few doubted his skills as an artist, most of Maurits neighbours thought different about his compositions, causing him to start producing music in the underground dungeons of Amsterdam. Coming out occasionally, but only at night, slowly made him well known among friends and enemies as Nachtbraker (Dutch for night hawk).
The signs of exposure to a wide range of genres are clearly hearable in his music, ranging from ecstatic slow grooves to unconventional dub tracks. Critics often praise him for adopting a wide pallet of sounds and subtle, detailed percussion. While his celebrated performances receive increasing recognition, it’s unquestionable that Nachtbraker will keep a lot of people comfortably awake for the coming years.
1. Ian Blevins & NY*AK – Work it Out (DJ Nature remix)
2. Soul of Hex – Sleep Mistakes
3. Harry Wolfman & Loz Goddard – Uncle Buck
4. S3A – The Georges
5. Munk – Hot Medusa (Kai Alce Remix)
6. Nachtbraker – Backstabber
7. Detroit Swindle – Howsmusic
8. Urulu – Orion
9. Frits Wentink – Worldwide Deluxe Edition
10. Jimini – Litlle World
11. Jonna – Through the Night (Kai Alce Distinctive Vocal remix)
12. Sendo – Legacy
13. Two Diggers – Queen
14. Urulu – Night Tube
15. X1 – Happy Hippie Hifi
16. Tommy Vicario jr. – Coping Strategy
17. Iron Curtis – Operator 123 (Live Mix)
18. Lay-Far – Like the First Time (feat. Magic Number)