Mix #214 By Lee Curtiss
Often concerned about ‘the future of house music’, Lee Curtiss provides a mix to ingrain his mastery of sensual synth sounds.
Acting as a part of Visionquest with Seth Troxler, Shaun Reeves, and Ryan Crosson, Lee first made his mark as a producer with releases for Spectral, Get Physical, Supplement Facts, and Wolf & Lamb. Through DJ sets that mine the depths of dance music’s history and live PAs that pave the way to its future, Lee has showcased his inimitable sound in the world’s most esteemed clubs such as Circo Loco, DC10, and Fabric London.
In addition to residencies in New York, Chicago, Miami, and Berlin, Lee has appeared at festivals as large as Glastonbury, Time Warp, and Creamfields. He’s crafted remix work for pop icons such as Tracey Thorne and director David Lynch, and greatly garners his influences from groups such as My Bloody Valentine, INXS, and Roxy Music. These diverse influences shine through in his work, furthering his artistic goal of “bringing non dance music into dance music.”
[soundcloud url=”https://soundcloud.com/deep-house-amsterdam/lee-curtiss-mix-214″ comments=”true” auto_play=”false” color=”E40045″ width=”100%” height=”166″]
1. ‘Night Song’, Deepchord, Soma
2. ‘P.A.R.T.Y.’, Seven Davis Jr., Apron
3. ‘Escape Velocity’, Chaim, Rumors
4. ‘All I Want’, DJ Ali, Live to Tape Recordings
5. ‘Excuse My Wildness’, Audiofly, Jaw, Carl Craig, Supernature
6. ‘Think To My Beat’ (Noir Mash Up Treatment), Blaze, Palmer Brown, &Me, Noir, Defected
7. ‘Work’, Holger Zilske (Zander VT Remix), Playhouse
8. ‘Brigante’s Jungle’, Ali Love, No.19
9. ‘Any Which Way’, Stacey Pullen (Martin Buttrich Red Mix), Blackflag Recordings
10. ‘Monstrueux’, Visionquest, Visionquest